Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why Mike Causey!!



The Department of Insurance is a complex bureaucracy that impacts the lives of every North Carolinian. My experience as a small business owner, a career in the insurance industry and 10 years serving as a lobbyist working on insurance-related issues for small business gives me a broad understanding of all the areas under the Department of Insurance. My college degrees in engineering and business, together with community, educational and political experience, makes me uniquely qualified to run the insurance department from day one!

If I am elected Commissioner of the Department of Insurance I will do the following:
  • I WILL make the insurance department work for the people, not the special interests.
  • I WILL be responsive to the public and address all complaints promptly, with respect and courtesy.
  • I WILL get to work on fixing the insurance inequities across the state.
  • I WILL modernize the automobile insurance system and make much needed changes to 'The Facility", ensuring good drivers are not subsidizing the bad drivers.
  • I WILL ensure fire departments can focus on fire-fighting and emergencies not over-burdensome regulations and complicated red tape.
  • I WILL move toward a more free and open market for insurers, with strict oversight to ensure consumers are protected from unscrupulous practices by any insurer operating in North Carolina.
  • I WILL modernize and streamline the property and casualty insurance regulatory system to make it more responsive to agents and policyholders.
  • I WILL work to isolate the problems and find proper solutions to create a healthy insurance climate.
If you have any specific complaints that are not being addressed by the current Commissioner or you would like to discuss with me additional goals I have for the Department, please feel free to contact me or meet me to discuss.

Mike Causey, Republican Candidate for Insurance Commissioner

No comments:

Post a Comment